Fire operation ends in New Forest after two weeks
HIWFRSFirefighters are due to leave the New Forest later, two weeks after the outbreak of a devastating wildfire.
More than 1 sq km (247 acres) of the national park has been destroyed since the fire spread from a blazing van on 9 August.
On Saturday, the A31 dual carriageway between Southampton and Bournemouth was reopened, with a lane closure and speed limits in force.
Recent reports of smoke in the area are thought to be no more than dust and debris carried by the wind, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service (HIWFRS) said.
The fire destroyed ancient oak and beech trees, rare heathland and wildlife, Forestry England previously said.
The government agency said it would take decades for the environment to fully recover.
Forestry EnglandFire crews from around the UK fought the blaze, which swept across heathland and woodland from the roadside verge.
Water was pumped to the blaze in the middle of the national park from a lake near Ringwood, five miles (8km) away.
Two off-road fire vehicles will monitor the area until Sunday evening, HIWFRS said.
It said the park was still vulnerable despite recent rainfall and urged visitors to heed a temporary ban on the sale of disposable barbecues.
In a statement, the service said: "We ask that you pack a picnic, avoid lighting campfires or bonfires, fully extinguish smoking materials and take your litter home with you."
