What do we know so far?published at 14:09 BST 31 July
It is day three of the huge fire at Dunwich Heath on the Suffolk coast.
Here is what we know so far:
- The fire began late on Wednesday afternoon and about 100 firefighters remain on site, alongside support staff
- Writer and editor Charlotte Du Cann believes she was the first to alert the services, after spotting the blaze in Minsmere Wood
- The blaze has affected an area the size of 200 football pitches
- Officials say the situation is not completely under control and it remains a major incident
- People displaced from their homes and holiday homes may be allowed to collect belongings later
- Wildlife habitats devastated by the "utterly sickening" fire could take up to 25 years to recover, says the RSPB
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service says it has been "overwhelmed by the support" received from other fire services and local people





















